1) A live badger in a pumping station well at Drongan. The SSPCA rescued him and he made a full recovery.
2) A live six-foot Mexican Desert King Snake at Dunfermline waste water treatment works.
3) A live goldfish, “Pooh”, turned up at Philipshill waste water treatment works in East Kilbride and is now a permanent resident at the works after an employee donated a tank.
4) A sheep fished out of a manhole chamber.
5) A fully grown cow in the storm tank at Gatehead.
6) A deckchair.
7) False teeth - one of the most frequent items.
8) A platoon of toy soldiers appeared at the Troqueer works in Dumfries. They are now mounted on the wall in the office.
9) Mobile phones – these are getting found more often as they get smaller.
10) A live frog, recently found inside a pump right next to the propeller. When workers removed the lid he just hopped out and was on his way.
11) A pair of trousers at Kirkcaldy waste water treatment works.
12) An Action Man figure, still wearing his boots.
13) An orange that had been flushed down the loo.
14) Rings turn up frequently and are handed in to Police.
15) Watches also turn up frequently and are handed into Police.
16) A traffic cone.
17) A football.
18) A fully functioning clothes iron.
19) Timber – from a railway sleeper to small chunks of wood.
20) A parcel trolley.