Thursday 26 January 2012

Worzel Gummidge

“A cup o’ tea an’ a slice o’ cake”

Worzel Gummidge was definitely a relation of Catweazle – another bizarre kids programme that I loved but sadly can remember little about. I just remember the beard and the name. Worzel however is still fresh in my mind. Jon Pertwee brought the scarecrow with many heads to life with great gusto. Children John and Sue Peters befriend Worzel when they move to the countryside and the series is about their adventures along with wooden Aunt Sally who is the love of Worsel’s life. Aunt Sally however is most certainly not impressed as she is far to upper class to got out with the likes of him! I can still hear Una Stubbs who played Aunt Sally in my head when I think about the show. My favourite memories however are Worzel changing heads to suit the occassion and the robin he kept in a nest in his chest.

From http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/discussion/top-ten-childrens-programmes/330811/

No comments: