Mirrors are viewed by many as portals to other dimensions and with this comes the added risk of meeting the unknown.
Here are some of the things said about mirrors:
- Mirrors have the ability to suck out souls therefore they must be removed from a room where an ill person lies as they are more vulnerable at this time.
- People were warned never to look into a mirror at night or by candle light. If you did so you would be certain to see ghosts, demons and portents of death - even your own!
- When a person died in a room the mirrors had to be covered or turned to face the wall. Failure to do so would result in the deceased person's soul being lost - or they may even turn into a vampire.
- Even while asleep, it was thought best to cover your mirror as you could be vulnerable to attack from negative spirits or demons during the dark hours. Also, never place your bed in a place where it is reflected in a mirror.
- In order to prevent mirrors being used as a portal by supernatural entities, the mirror should be frequently moved to different areas of the room. Mirrors with a solid backing placed in the same position for a long period of time, are more likely to become spiritual portals
More on Spirit Reflections at http://seeker7.hubpages.com/hub/Spirit-Reflections-Ghosts-and-Haunted-Mirrors