Polari (also seen as 'Palare') is a gay slang language, which has now almost died out. It was more common in the 1960's when gays had more need of a private slang.
Polari featured heavily in the "Julian and Sandy" sketches on the BBC radio program "Round the Horne" in the late 60s, and this is how a lot of people first heard of Polari. A few words like 'bona' can still be seen in gay publications, used for camp effect.
- ajax - nearby (from adjacent?)
- bona - good
- butch - masculine; masculine lesbian
- camp - effeminate (origin: KAMP = Known As Male Prostitute)
- drag - clothes, esp. women's clothes
- ecaf - face (backslang)
- khazi - toilet, also spelt carsey
- mince - walk (affectedly)
See more at http://www.chris-d.net/polari/