1. Coach travel is the safest form of road transport in the country.
2. Saddam Hussein's codename while in US custody in 2004/5 was "Victor".
3. Adding milk to tea negates the health-giving effects of a hot brew.
4. The word "jaywalking" came from the US slang "jay", a term popular in the early 20th Century meaning a rustic newcomer unfamiliar with city ways.
5. Cloudy apple juice is healthier than clear, containing almost double the antioxidants which protect against heart disease and cancer.
6. Dishcloths are purged of 99% of their bacteria during two minutes in a microwave.
7. A haddock's mating call starts as a slow knocking sound, before turning into a quicker hum similar to a small motorcycle revving its engine.
8. Newcastle is the noisiest place in England.
9. The people who built Stonehenge lived at an ancient village in Durrington Walls.
10. Brazil nuts are seeds encased in an outer shell that weighs more than 1kg.
See the full list at http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/magazinemonitor/index.html#a021616