John o' Groats is a village in the Highland council area of Scotland. The village has two bars, a fire station, post office, sports park and many gift shops around the harbour area.
The punctuation and capitalisation in John o' Groats is the correct form. The space after o' appears to vary but was probably the correct older form.
The town takes its name from Jan de Groot, a Dutchman who obtained a grant for the ferry from the Scottish mainland to Orkney, recently acquired from Norway, from King James IV in 1496.
Not the most northern village... but the northerly end of the longest distance between two points on the British mainland. Land's End being the other.