Thursday 5 February 2009

Why is ketchup not listed as a topping on a West Virginia Hot Dog?

There are many reasons why one shouldn't eat ketchup on a hot dog any hot dog.First, the National Hot Dog and Sausage Council's "Hot Dog Etiquette" rules dictate that no one over 18 should never eat ketchup on a hot dog. Ketchup is destructive of all that is right and just about a properly assembled hot dog since its sweetness and acidic taste overpowers food and disguises its true flavor.

In the film Sudden Impact, San Francisco detective Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) launches a tirade while conversing with a cop who's munching a ketchup-topped dog at a murder scene:

"Nah, this stuff isn't getting to me — the shootings, the knifings, the beatings... old ladies being bashed in the head for their social security checks[.] [...] Nah, that doesn't bother me. But you know what does bother me? You know what makes me really sick to my stomach? It's watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody... I mean nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog."

We agree with Harry.

See http://www.wvhotdogs.com/FAQ.html

No comments: