Having trouble getting through the workday without falling asleep at your desk?
Here are a few pranks that are sure to liven up the cube farm.
(NOTE: Don't be stupid enough to actually try any of the items below, or you'll find yourself in jail, in the hospital, or, even worse, in the unemployment line!)
- Change the settings in a coworker's word processing software so that any instance of the letter "x" is auto-corrected to read "xxx."
- Introduce the new intern by a different name to each person he/she meets.
- Tear a few graphic pages out of an adult magazine, slip them into an assistant's large photocopying job.
- Babble incoherently to a co-worker then ask, "Did you get all of that?"
- TP the VP's office...while he/she is in the room and on a conference call.
- Post a fake memo on the office bulletin board announcing Friday as "You're the Boss" Day, where all employees are to come into work dressed as a member of upper management.
- Pass around a sheet of paper asking other staff members if they'll sponsor a co-worker in a spelling bee for dyslexics.
- Wander the halls, slapping your head repeatedly and mutter, "Will you please shut up?"
- Wrap plastic wrap over the urinals in the executive washroom.
- Turn off the receptionist's ringer.
- Pretend you work at a collection agency during your lunch hour. Call your imaginary clients and loudly threaten bodily injury if they don't "pay up."
- Tape a piece of toilet paper to your shoe--the longer, the better--and do a few laps around the cube farm and through the cafeteria.